With St. Patrick's Day in mind, it is only appropriate to have the theme of the day with everything be green, but in reality, the theme of the majority of your food should always be GREEN! Lean, clean & green is always your safest bet when it comes to healthy plant-based nutrition. This smoothie is low glycemic and sweetened with only stevia for those watching their sugar intake (even from fruit etc). Check out this simple recipe that is sure to fuel you for your day with its filling healthy fats and energy boosting properties.
- 1 serving Sprout Living Chocolate Maca Protein Powder (or a protein powder of your choice and add 1 tbsp cacao powder)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- 2 large handfuls of organic spinach
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 sprigs fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- pinch Himalayan pink salt
- stevia to your liking (always start small! May substitute for alternate sweetener)
- handful or two of ice
- Start by blending the spinach and almond milk. Then add everything else, leaving 1 tbsp cacao nibs and a few mint leaves for garnish. Blend well adding more liquid or ice to get your desired consistency. Garnish and enjoy!
- *Sometimes I like to place the smoothie in the freezer for 5 minutes since all the blending tends to warm it up a bit.