A smoothie a day... keeps ailments at bay! I love to have a superfood packed smoothie anytime during the day (just not too late since they have the tendency to get one buzzing!). If you don't have some of the ingredients below, fret not as you may easily substitute and get creative with your superfood smoothies. Use any protein powder in place of the Green Dream and superfood smoothie mix, but I do highly recommend adding them to your pantry staples! :) No frozen acai? Use extra frozen banana or berries. Avocado works well, too, but you may need to add a sweetener, such as a few dates, stevia or coconut nectar. Enjoy!
All into my Vitamix went:
- 1 packet frozen unsweetened Sambazon acai packet
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- Handful of spinach
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (soaked in 1/4 cup water first to form gel)
- 1 tbsp Philosophie Superfood Green Dream
- 1 tbsp Essential Living Foods Super Food Smoothie Mix
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Dash of Himalayan pink salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Toppings: Essential Living Foods hemp seeds, goji berries, coconut flakes, cacao nibs
- And my favorite, bee pollen!